Friday, December 21, 2012

This Time, It’s Personal: Customizable Books from Chronicle


Okay, you have a fabulous trip planned for the holidays. After the New Year, you’ll come home and start thinking about packing up the decorations and dismantling the tree—but not quite yet. It’s time to just relax the savor the last few days (or hours) of the holiday season. I have a suggestion: after the avalanche of gifts your child has received (with Santa grabbing a lot of the credit) has been opened and that anxious thrill of the new has begun to fade, consider that this may be a nice time to share a special and very personal gift with your child.


I was lucky enough to sample one of Chronicle’s fully customizable, personalized books for my little girl and I must say they’re the “best in show” when it comes to special order books. You can choose from a nice range of themes: Princess, Speedster, What Big Brother Does Best, What Big Sister Does Best, and Petit Collage Baby Book. If you follow this site, you can bet I chose Princess for my little girl and the results are completely charming and the printing and binding are beautiful; this is a book to treasure. The book’s title incorporates my daughter’s name and the book is brimming with personal references to my daughter’s loves and favorites. My personal favorite touch: the fact that her princess pony bears the name of her favorite teddy bear. This is altogether charming and it’s difficult to describe how absolutely thrilled my little girl was to receive this book. At the end of the day, like most parents I know, my husband and I put our little girl at the center of our lives. This book perfectly illustrates that bond. It’s very special indeed; small and very precious, just like her.

Chronicle’s giving away one copy of Princess or Speedster to one Media Darlings reader. You must live in the USA or Canada. Just leave a comment to this story with a way to reach you (email preferred) by 5pm EST, January 1, 2013. Good luck and happy New Year!



No comments:

Post a Comment